Many Indians have a common perception that starting a business is quite a herculean task which requires a lot of money, an innovative idea, and of course getting a license to start the business. But with small smart work, you can start a business from scratching with a small amount of $100 right now. Owing to the digitalization the so-called red-tapism of Indian bureaucracy is likely to ease the problem to start a business. India is continuously improving its business environment on the wings of digitalization of time taking processes i.e. starting a company, registration of any company or a proprietorship or a sole business. In this column, we will discuss the Top 100+ business ideas with low investment that can start right now in India.
Idea #1. Catering Business
If you are good at cooking or at least have an idea about cooking and can manage a well trained professional team then you can make a killing in the catering business. If you deliver delicious foods to the people either in reception parties like marriages, birthday or in your restaurant then you can start this business right now. You need to consider the following points while starting the catering business,
- Type of food you will serve i.e. comfort food, continental, ethnic, etc.
- List out the items i.e. items, the equipment you have and need to purchase to begin catering.
- Prepare the marketing plan to reach target customers such as business cards, print brochures.
- Select Your Target Market or Customers.
- Prepare A Competitive Menu.
- Connect with Vendors and Suppliers for glassware, utensils, linens, tables and chairs as the caterers are expected to provide the above-mentioned items.
- Prepare a Catering Business Plan.
- Get Required License to start Catering business In India.
Idea #2. Tiffin Services
Now a day in metro cities both the husband and wife are working. You can contact offices or schools where you can serve delicious foods at an affordable price. You need to consider the following points while starting the Tiffin services business,
- Very well managed staff and a good number of resources.
- Have the capacity to deliver at least 100 orders per day.
- List out the items i.e. items, equipment such as bikes, utensils, you have and need to purchase to begin the service.
- Prepare the marketing plan to reach the target audience such as business cards, print brochures.
- Get Required License to start the Tiffin services business In India.
Idea #3. Make a food delivery network
You can run this business quite easily. There are many apps such as Swiggy, Food panda, etc. You can sell your food to these big bulls and make money. You can start a food delivery network by setting up your own where people can order for mills via your registered app. Otherwise, you can simply advertise your service and then people will place their orders by calling you on your cell phone. In order to make a food delivery network, you need to consider the following points,
- List out the items i.e. items, equipment such as bikes, utensils, you have and need to purchase to begin catering.
- Approximate cost of running of the business such as fuel cost of the bikes which is used for food delivery to the customer.
- Advertisement or promotion Strategy to reach out the target audience.
Idea #4. Set up a restaurant
As we have mentioned earlier you can set up a restaurant where you can serve delicious foods at an affordable price. These days every family goes for outward dinner once in a week. So the market of the business is huge. Many people have a common perception that setting up a restaurant requires huge capital. But this is not true. You can rent a room which is easily available at a cost of Rs. 5,000/- per month. You will not require much to establish the infrastructure. In order to make a food delivery network, you need to consider the following points,
- Decide which type of food you can serve in your restaurant.
- Decide the location where you want to set up your restaurant.
- How to raise funds to start your restaurant business.
In addition to
- Evaluate restaurant costs involved such as the salary of the staff, utility bills, taxes, etc.
- Get all the licenses required to start a restaurant business.
- Get an efficient workforce for your restaurant business.
- Make use of technology such as install a POS machine in the restaurant to receive payment, Mobile App to get order foods online from your target audience.
Idea #5. Tea/Coffee Cafe
If you have sufficient knowledge about many different blends of Tea or Coffee and what tasty pastries they should accompany then with this knowledge, hard work, and capital, you can set up a profitable tea cafe business. In order to succeed you need to consider the following points,
- Gain expertise and experience to different Tea or coffee categories i.e. Green Tea, Masala Tea, Cinnamon Tea, Chocolate Tea, etc.
- Excellent Product quality at an affordable price.
- Excellent Customer Service so the customers feel that they are the honoured guests.
- Choose such a place where your shop is the only shop around 5 km. radius since this reduces the competition.
Idea #6. Food Truck
If you do not have enough capital to start a restaurant then you can easily run your business by rent a food truck. This is one of the low-cost high-profit businesses. You can rent a food-truck at a nominal fee and appoint a driver, who will drive all the popular hot-spots of any respective city. In this food truck, you will cook various foods and sell. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Decide which type of foods you can serve in your restaurant.
- Get all the licenses required to start the food truck business.
- Get an efficient workforce for your food truck business.
Idea #7. Travel Agency
Indians are quite traveling friendly. You can start a travel agency. There are many people who travel to New Delhi, Kanyakumari, Sikkim, Kerala, and Mumbai & Goa, etc. to enjoy and see the scenic beauty. Apart from travelling Medical tourism is quite famous these days. People who go to other regions of India are eager to travel while treatment is done. You can start a travel agency to assist people who want to travel without a hurry. You should consider the following points,
- Though starting a travel agency, you need not to register as a Government of India approved Travel Agent. It is beneficial because the registration provides recognition for the travel agent.
- Promotional programs to reach the target audience
- How to raise funds to start your Travel agency business.
- Evaluate the costs involved such as the salary of the staff, utility bills, taxes etc.
Idea #8. Handicraft Seller
In America, the parents insist on their children make something and try to sell the goods after making a modification. You can also make something from your home appliances and sell to persons. You can enlist your products on Amazon for selling. The benefits of starting a handicraft business are low capital investment, Low entry barrier, cheap labour rates, etc. Here are some points to consider while starting your handicraft business,
- In which product categories you will deal with.
- Market research about the products, which you are going to sell.
- Prepare product catalog.
- Set the price of the product including product’s base price, taxes, shipping charges or any other charges.
- Marketing strategy to access your target audience.
Idea #9. Tax consultant or Consultancy firm
In the GST regime, every businessman needs to file GST where Annual turnover is above the composition scheme. If you have proper knowledge i.e. how to file GSTR – 1, GSTR – 2, GSTR – 2 and how to prepare Form No. 16, Capital Gains statement, profit and loss account, balance sheet for business for filing Income tax return, then you can make money by filing the GST return and Income-tax Return. You need to consider the following points,
- By which way you will get registered i.e. on an individual basis as a sole proprietorship firm or a limited liability partnership if there are 2 or more partners.
- You need to get registered with AMFI if you are selling mutual funds.
- You need to get registered with IRDA if you are selling insurance policies.
Idea #10. Financial planner
Owing to the financial up-gradation of people they are now interested in investment. If you have proper financial knowledge about taxes, investment, personal finance then you can set up a financial consulting firm and offer people how to manage their finances. In order to get started, you need to consider the following points,
- Become a Certified Financial Planner.
- People will choose you as their financial planner since you are a CFP since the certificate shows that you have expertise and credibility.
- Set up an office.
- Get the required licenses and permits from respective authorities.
Idea #11. Mechanic shop i.e. auto repair shop
Owing to the increase in disposable income due to economic progression people are buying bikes, 4-wheeler cars etc. Therefore you can start a mechanic cum auto repair shop in your locality. In order to set up an auto repair shop, you need to consider the following points,
- High quality work.
- Constant contact with the clients so as to keep them informed about the state of their automobile and the repair job process.
- 100% customer satisfaction in regards to quality service, friendliness, less time to completion.
- List out the items i.e. items, the equipment you have and need to purchase to start your garage.
- Obtain the required license and permits to start the auto repair shop in India.
You will get training from Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana absolutely free of cost and the time duration of this course is 6 months.
Idea #12. Computer Trainer or open a Shop
Now a day computer is an inseparable part of our daily life. Starting from a child to even a 60-year-old person all need to know the computer to ease the work in the comfort of the home either it is to get banking services or book a train ticket. So, if you have a good knowledge of computer then you can become a computer trainer or start a computer shop. In order to open a computer shop, you need to consider the following points,
- List out the items such as Computers, Software, Tables, Computer desks, Chairs, Books, Internet connection, Business cards, Internet connection
- You have and need to purchase to open an institute.
- Space of at least 1000 sq. ft. to 2500 Sq. ft (Depending on the class of the city) at prime location.
- Well equipped office with phone, internet, and mobile connectivity.
- Obtain the required license and permits to start your computer shop in India.
Idea #13. Computer repairing shop
If you have a soft skill in hardware and computer parts then you can set up a computer repairing shop. You can assemble computer parts in your shop and start selling. Suppose you have bought computer parts with defects from somewhere else. After you fix the problem of various parts of a computer start selling at an affordable price. In order to make a computer repair shop, you need to consider the following points,
- To prove the legality of your computer repair business you should obtain the required license and permits to start your computer repair shop in India.
- Prepare a proper business plan and give the details of the services you offer such as computer repair, software support, networking services, etc.
- Marketing plan for your business such as social media marketing paid advertisement etc.
- Amount of money needed to start a computer repair shop.
Idea #14. Software Training Institute
Computers are becoming one of the necessities of life. If you ask students or persons right now what are the basic necessities of life, they would probably tell you that these are food, water, clothing, shelter, a mobile phone, and a computer. Yes, computers have become very much important to run day to day life. Unfortunately, there are many persons who don’t know how to make use of computers effectively. You can start a software training institute because, in order to find a job in any industry in the world today, you must know how to use a computer. You should concentrate on the following points to set up your software training institute,
- Purchase the required equipment for your shop or institute i.e. Computers, Software, Tables, Computer desks, Internet connection, etc.
- You should hire professional teaching staff that would assist you in training the students.
- Get required licenses and permits from respective authorities to conduct exams and issue certificates at the end of the course.
- A proper marketing policy to promote your business. You can make use of the online promotion or in newspapers and magazines or through flyers etc.
Idea #15. Mobile Repair shop
If you have a soft skill in hardware and mobile parts then you can set up a mobile repair shop. Now a day almost 87% of the young generation has a Smartphone. You can repair the mobile. Suppose you buy a mobile with a defect from somewhere else. After you fix the problem start selling at an affordable price. In order to make a Mobile repair shop, you need to consider the following points,
- To prove the legality of your Mobile repair business you should obtain the required license and permits to start your computer repair shop in India.
- Prepare a proper business plan and give the details of the services you offer such as computer repair, software support, networking services, etc.
- Marketing plan for your business. You need to repair the older phones of your friends and family or old broken devices free of cost. This will enable not only to gain experience but also they can refer to a potential customer.
- Amount of Money required For Phone Repair Business.
You Can Offer the additional Services such as sell Mobile Accessories, sell of new mobile phones, selling second hand/used/refurbished phones etc.in Your Mobile Shop.
Idea #16. Coaching Business
Teaching is one of the best among the noble professions and is a great way of contributing to society and enhancing the skills of young students. However, in today’s highly competitive environment the regular school and college classes are coping up with the requirements of a student. This opens an opportunity for the coaching/tuition centers as a successful education business. If you are thinking of setting up a coaching center, here are a few things you must consider,
- Determine the subject which you or the coaching center offers.
- The location where you will set up the coaching center.
- If you open a coaching center then you need to set up a proper infrastructure i.e. adequate seats, lighting, parking of bike or cycle, etc.
- The required license and permits to start your coaching center in India.
You can also set up a coaching institute if you are an expert in any subject or any language you can start the coaching service.
Idea #17. Insurance Agent
Insurance is one of those businesses which remains unaffected during an economic recession or the economy of the state. According to the IRDA regulatory, the minimum qualification is 12th standard or equivalent examination conducted by any recognized Board/Institution to become an insurance agent. All you need to do is to go to the nearest insurance office in which you have chosen to be an agent. In order to get success, you need to consider the following points,
- As an insurance agent, you need to target such clients who are in need of an insurance policy right now. You need to keep in contact with your target audience during the months and years even though they have not taken any insurance policies from you.
- You need to prepare a shortlist of those people with their residential address and phone/e-mail Id who are likely to be interested in buying an insurance policy from you.
- Advertise your business on various channels such as pizza boxes, buses, and any other marketing policy.
Idea #18. Bookkeeping Services
A bookkeeping Service offers managing income and expenses, processing payroll and preparing tax returns for business clients. In order to start bookkeeping services in the comfort of home, you need to gain expertise in the followings.
- Prepare balance sheets i.e. Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Inventory, etc.
- Prepare income statements i.e. profit and loss account.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, or annual financial reports.
- Become a Certified Bookkeeper i.e. Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Create a Business Plan i.e. Competitive Analysis, Marketing Plan, and Start-up Costs.
- Determine the right accounting software.
- Be ethical and honest when it comes to transparency, reporting, and taxes of self as well as your clients.
Idea #19. Day Care Services
In metro cities, both husband and wife are working full time. It is a common scenario. Two-income families have a better financial footing. Owing to this reason Daycare service is becoming one of the lucrative business opportunities in India. Since both the parents are on duty, they are looking for a safe and secure place to keep children. If you want to start the business you need to consider the following points,
- Analysis of your target audience where both the parents are working class who will likely avail your services i.e. Corporate Executives, Business People, Sports Men and Women, Government Officials, etc.
- Maintain a reputable and untarnished reputation
- Quality service.
- Affordable pricing.
- The required license and permits to start the business in India.
Idea #20. Courier Services
Although there is a large business opportunity available for couriers in India, many people are confused about whether they should or should not start their own courier business. In order to set up your own courier business, you need to consider the following points,
- Decide whether you will buy or lease the delivery vehicle.
- Purchase the items and equipment to set up the courier business.
- Set the affordable pricing structure for the delivery of different items.
- Get the required license and insurance policy in case of an unexpected accident.
Idea #21. Tailoring Services
Whether you are a man or woman, tailoring is one of the profitable business ideas nowadays, because it requires no higher education. But it will give you an edge if you have a degree in fashion technology. You can set up your boutique business right from the comfort of your home. You need to consider the following points to consider while starting your own venture,
- List the types of sewing services and the price of each service.
- List of the necessary items you need i.e. needles, pins, yarn, threads, laces, buttons, etc.
- Get required licenses or permits from the respective authorities.
Idea #22. Laundry Service
This is a very easy business to do. You do not need any higher qualifications or training to wash or clean clothes. You can open a shop where you will receive clothes that are to be cleaned. In addition, you may go to the door to door and collect clothes. Then wash them in your house, or anywhere according to your convenience. Dry them and supply them to the respective persons. This business is growing day by day. In earlier time women of families used to wash clothes. Now, they are becoming employed and doing jobs. So, the clothes of the family have to be washed in the laundry. Any person can start this business. You only need adequate water and premises to dry these clothes. In order to start one individual need to consider the following points,
- You need to Carrying out market research to ensure there is a demand for laundry services in your area. If you are the sole Laundromat in your neighborhood and surrounded by residences then you are free of competition.
- While preparing your business plan i.e. List the items needed, Marketing, Price in accordance with market research. Think about your target audience according to the income group.
Idea #23. Paying guest
If you have one or two rooms extra in your house, you can give that room on rent to someone. In addition to accommodation, you can provide food to that person. The person will reside in your home with you. And then at the end of a month, the person will pay you for accommodation and food. You can also give some parts of your house to rent only. In order to accommodate paying guest, you need to consider the following points,
- You will need to ensure that the space for PG accommodation is safe and secure.
- You should negotiate the terms and conditions with your paying guest at the very beginning.
- Since you offer paying guest services the house will be treated and considered as the commercial property. So, you need to pay the utility bills which include electricity, water and also the taxes, at commercial rates.
- Get the required license from the municipal authorities in case your house in town and you may contact the fire and police department.
Idea #24. Grocery Delivery Service
People need grocery items. But the problem is that many do not have enough time to shop and many people are old or have a physical ailment of any kind. These people cannot carry heavy grocery items. You can have your business of supplying grocery items to the customer’s house. You don’t need to open a big shop in the market. Just open a small counter there and the main stock will be stored in the shop or somewhere else. Customers will place orders by phone or via the app or orally to your shop. Then according to the order, you will supply all the necessary items of grocery.
In order to start a profitable venture, you need to consider the following points,
- You need to carry out market research to ensure there is a demand for Grocery Delivery services in your area.
- Decide what kind of groceries you intend to deliver to your target audience i.e. fresh fruits, vegetables, bathing soaps, cosmetics, hair and body products, toothpaste and toothbrushes, Bread, Cereal, Rice and Pasta, eggs, milk, and milk products, etc.
- Estimate Costs such as Labour cost, Equipment, Marketing and Advertising, Operational cost, Vehicle maintenance cost/transportation costs.
Idea #25. Interior Design
Hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, big retail shops need interior decorations. You can become an interior designer after small training. Again there are many rich and prosperous people who decorate their houses as well as their offices. So, they also need interior designers. You can start your business right now.
- Offer services free or at a nominal price for clients initially.
- Provide the highest quality interior design at affordable pricing to retain customers and initiate referrals.
- Make a showcase of photos of the works, designed by your company.
- Make a Facebook Page or Twitter community or a website where you can display the pictures of your works.
Idea #26. Cloth Making Business
Initiating a cloth-making business requires sound technical skills to deliver specific apparel according to the customer’s choice. But if you have the skill then you can start a profitable venture. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- List out the raw materials and machinery you need to start.
- Require skilled man force if you want to start a large scale.
- Offer a timely delivery of clothes or apparel at affordable pricing.
- You can rent clothes to clients who want them on rent to attend receptions.
- You can deliver a uniform to various companies for their employees.
Idea #27. Shoe and Slipper making
Almost everyone uses slipper or shoes or Hawai chappals. It is made of rubber. Hawai chappals are lightweight footwear that is used irrespective of a society of all ages. There are many kinds of machines available in the market to make slippers. You can get various designs on the internet. Make slippers and sell customers directly by setting up your own shop or you may supply in various shops in your neighborhood.
Idea #28. Furniture Business
Furniture is one of the essential items to run our day to day life. It has wide use from the decoration of our houses to preparing the bed. Whatever there are wooden furniture and steel or metal furniture available in the market. You can open a shop for furniture and sell various types of wooden or steel furniture. You can prepare them in your shop. In order to set up your venture, you need to consider the following points,
- You need to deliver a high-quality product, on time and at an affordable rate.
- You can accept an order to customize any furniture in accordance with the customer.
Idea #29. Battery Making or repairing shop
You can open a battery making or repairing shop in the street. The battery is required for vehicles to be it four-wheelers or two-wheeler or heavy trucks. Inverters also need a battery. Now battery bikes or electric bikes are also popular where the battery is an essential part. Various institutions provide training to make the battery and how to repair battery. Actually secondary cells or batteries are used widely and they are repairable. Some basic elements of battery are Zinc, Chloride, Oxide, Lithium, Mercury, etc. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- You need to decide which segment you are going to enter among automotive, watch, hearing aid, cell phone or golf cart batteries, etc.
- Whether you can create or repair regular batteries, rechargeable batteries, or both.
- Set the price of the battery including product’s base price, taxes, shipping charges or any other charges.
- Prepare the marketing plan i.e. advertisement policy to reach target audience such as business cards, print brochures, online community.
- Get training about battery repairing.
Idea #30. Bag Making Business
We make use of different kinds of bags for different purposes to run our everyday life. This makes a huge market potentiality for the bag making business. You can start a profitable business venture by considering the following points.
- Which segment will you enter among various categories, for example, Paper Bag, Tea Bag, Jute Bag, School Bag, Designer Handicraft Bag, Leather Bag, etc?
- In order to set up a commercial unit, you will need to lease or rent a space for the unit operation in case you don’t have any space.
- List the required materials and machinery to start manufacturing.
- Although this type of business does not require Business Registration & Licensing, it is better to start as a proprietorship for manufacturing.
Idea #31. Start a sewing business from home
If you enjoy sewing and have a professional skill then you can start your sewing business from the comfort of home.
- First, you need to buy a sewing machine, fabrics, threads and needles.
- You can find your potential customers by making use of online ads or ads in newspapers. Offer your customers a variety of services in accordance with their choices at an affordable price.
- In the GST era, you need to install an invoicing and payment system.
- Sell your products via different avenues. You can contact a local garment shop to sell your product. You may get listed on different e-commerce sites and sell your products online.
Idea #32. Mosquito Swatter
Everyone is unhappy when a mosquito bites him. You can create mosquito swatter or repeller in your home with a manufacturing cost of Rs. 300/-. You can then sell them by setting up your own shop and supply to the shop owners. If you set up your own online store get listed in different e-commerce sites and sell your products online.
Idea #33. Start a beauty salon or spa
With the economic progression and increase in disposable income, a beauty salon or spa is a lucrative business to get started. If you have a passion and acquired knowledge about cosmetics this could be the ideal business opportunity for you. Before you get started you need to consider the following points,
- Find the right location of your beauty salon or spa.
- Items you need and how much money is needed to get started.
- Attractive price policy.
- Make use of low-cost marketing ideas such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
Idea #34. Car Washing Business
By setting up your own car washing shop at the right location, applying good marketing policy, and by delivering top-notch service, you can start your profitable car washing business easily. In order to start your car washing business, you need to consider the following points.
- Before you get started you first need to get a trade license from the municipal authority and then get registered in MSME Udyog Aadhaar.
- Buy the necessary equipment and materials to start your own venture.
- Proper marketing and promotion policy to reach out to the target audience.
Idea #35. Recruitment Agency
Needless to say that many companies are cutting costs by making use of various recruitment agencies. In order to reduce their operating costs, the companies hire skilled professionals on a contract basis of 5 years or less. So, you can start a recruitment agency to provide skilled professionals to companies. In order to start, you need to consider the following points.
- In which sector you will provide skilled professionals to various companies.
- Since you are providing skilled professionals to various companies you need to check the candidate’s intelligence and skill.
- Sum up all of your operating costs i.e. rent of the house where you can run your business, marketing costs, the salary of your staff, etc.
- Get the required licenses from respective authorities.
Idea #36. Packer and Mover Business
This is one of the profitable businesses which are emerging rapidly in India due to rapid industrialization and urbanization. Since home relocation is a quite tuff job, the demand for the packers and movers are growing rapidly.
- You need to first register your business either by the formation of a company or as a proprietorship business.
- Since this is a service, you should register and submit the returns of your business in the GST portal too.
- Open a current account in your nearby bank.
- You need to apply for UdyogAadhaar MSME registration to get easy loans.
Idea #37. Boat Charter or Tours Business
“If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most. A small sailing craft is not only beautiful, it is seductive and full of strange promise and the hint of trouble.” ― E. B. White.
In order to start a boat charter or tour business, one individual doesn’t need to own a big boat to take people on evening boat tours. You can start the business even by taking a boat on a lease. All you need to do is to market your business by making use of giving great services at an attractive price.
Idea #38. House Cleaning Business
This is one of the best businesses you can start even from your home with much less investment. This business requires the skill to clean a house professionally because cleaning your own house and cleaning the client’s house is much different. Since your client pays for your services, you need to fulfill his needs to make his home spotless and clean. In order to start your business, you need to consider the following points,
- What equipment, supplies need to purchase to get started.
- What kind of services you offer among various categories such as usual home cloning on a daily basis, after party cleaning, removing smoke damage, etc.
- Get started with the upgraded accounting system i.e. invoicing, pricing, taxes, etc.
- Get the required licenses from the respective authority. If you start a company and recruit some staff checks out their past records i.e. whether they have a criminal record. It is because no one allows such kind of persons in his house.
- The required dress code of your company and also the staff you recruit.
Idea #39. Event management planner
It is one of the profitable business ideas in which you can make all the arrangements for a party or function or reception. Event management requires good coordination and communication skills to manage the sequence of events, what needs from beginning to end. The event management planner offers a complete kit for any party i.e. decorations, lighting, catering, dishes of foods, etc.
Idea #40. Freelance Writing
If you have good writing skills and a flexible schedule to write then you can make money by writing about many things. You can earn a minimum of Rs. 1000/- in India by writing a 2000 word blog post for a website. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Good writing skills.
- Choose in which category you submit articles.
- Proper pricing policy.
- Proper marketing policy to get promoted.
Idea #41. Data Entry Jobs
You can start data entry jobs quite easily without any investment in your home. In order to kick start, you need only one skill. It is your typing speed which should be fast and very accurate at typing. If you fulfill the above-mentioned skills then you can make money by working 2 hours a day. You can find type writing jobs at various sites such as Freelancer, Naukri, Franchise India, etc.
New & Innovative Online Business Ideas
Here are the few innovative business ideas,
Idea #42. Dropshipping
Unlike selling the products physically, Dropshipping business is a kind of e-commerce business without owning a single product. In this kind of e-commerce business, you neither produce any product nor any warehouse to store the product. Once someone buys an item from your website you make an order with the third party and the third party handles everything else.
Idea #43. Ghost Writing
There are full of marketers who are busy with marketing, search engine optimization, etc. They don’t have much time to write blog posts. As a Ghostwriter, it is your job to write quality content. In a nutshell, you i.e. the Ghostwriter get paid to write articles/blog posts for someone else.
Idea #44. Virtual Assistant
A small business owner has many important yet time-consuming tasks. If you have organizational skills, communication skills, etc. then as a virtual assistant you need to do the following works,
- Updating the company’s Facebook Page, Twitter Profile, etc.
- Prepare balance sheet and Profit & Loss account, Ledger Account, etc.
- Sending and reply to e-mails.
- Blog Posting.
And so on…….
As a Virtual Assistant, you can make between $10 and $50 per hour online.
Idea #45. SEO Consultant
The current blog you are reading gets traffic that still comes from search engines i.e. Google. As an SEO consultant, you can offer techniques on Search Engine Optimization and make money.
Idea #46. Website Flipping
Real estate, Stocks are not the few investment businesses that involve purchase low and selling high. We have Website Flipping ‘online real estate/Stock’. As a business owner you can buy an existing website, and after making necessary modifications flip [sell] the website at a higher price. There are various marketplaces i.e. Flippa & GoDaddy auction where you can buy and sell domains.
Manufacturing Business Ideas in India
Idea #47. Panner making from soybean
It is needless to say about the demand for paneer which is made of soybean. You can produce paneer/ tofu from soybean. At first, soybean is soaked in water. Then they are smashed in a machine. A liquid mixture of soybean juice is extracted. This liquid mixture is called soybean milk. You can sell this milk. Otherwise, this milk is boiled and paneer or tofu is prepared. On the website of Indiamart you can get the sellers of that machine. Just install a machine. Soybean seeds are easily available in the market. You can set up a unit and prepare paneer or tofu. You can sell the product in sweet shops or food shops or restaurants.
Idea #48. Biscuit production
In our childhood, we used to buy some locally made biscuits. These biscuits did not have attractive packaging and could not establish themselves as brands. Here you can do the business. You may either buy these biscuits from your local bakeries or produce them in your bakery. Then put a good and attractive packaging to the items. You may do the marketing of your items to establish these biscuits as famous products. You can initiate this business on a small-scale with low startup capital.
- Learn how to make biscuits by taking an online class or the experts who teach how to make tasty biscuits.
- Since the market is very promising and expecting higher growth in the near future you need to analyze the market opportunity.
- Determine in which segment you want to enter among various segments such as thin arrowroot, sugar-free, wafer, salted, cream biscuit, coconut biscuit, ginger biscuit, jeera crunch, digestive etc.
- Get the Registration & Licenses to start your production unit.
Idea #49. Sweetshop
Indian people love sweets. Though there are many sweet shops in every locality, you have a chance to open a sweet shop. There is a huge demand for sweets. So you can simply establish a sweet shop in the market and sell varieties of sweets there. Now various sweets like Soanpapdi, laddu, khaja, and many more sweet items are sold in sealed packets in grocery shops and other food shops. These items are prepared in big factories. You can do that at your home on a small scale.
How to get started
You can prepare sweet items and pack them in attractive packets. In that case, you don’t need to open a shop in the market. Whatever, packaged sweet items have good demand in urban areas. In order to start your sweet shop, you need to consider the following points,
- Get proper training.
- Find a location where you set up your shop.
- Calculate the start-up cost i.e. the equipment you need to buy.
- You need to comply with relevant health and safety standards to get the required license.
Idea #50. Bakery
The bakery is one of the most profitable food processing business opportunities, because various types of bread, cake, pastry, and other baked items are demanded by people. One individual can initiate this business either in own space or on rented space. In order to get started, you need to consider the following points,
- Learn how to make a cake, bread, pastry, and other bakery items by taking an online class or the experts who teaches how to make perfect candles.
- Hire professionals if you have a sufficient budget in order to make a presence in your local market.
- You need to select what kind of bakery you’d like to open from various options available among Counter service, sit-down and dine system or delivery system at the doorstep online by make use of an app.
Idea #51. Mustard oil Mill
Mustard oil is very essential in cooking. There are many well-known brands. You can start a business of mustard oil production at a small level. For the machine, you can visit the website, India Mart. You may simply search ‘Mustard Oil machine suppliers’ in search engines. You will get many suppliers there. Then you can buy mustard oil machine from here. Mustard seeds are cultivated in rural areas or villages. You can buy seeds from there or you can buy mustard seeds from suppliers in the market. However, the oil machine is run with electricity or diesel. You can have a little bit of training from the machine supplier. Then set up the machine and start your business. If you want to start the business you need to consider the following points,
- The capital to buy the machine in which you start production of mustard oil.
- Get the required licenses and permits to start your small manufacturing plant.
- Locate your market. It is better to sell the oil in your locality if you set up the plant away from the market you will have to travel to sell the product. This will cost the product more.
Idea #52. Sunflower, Almond, Nut oil production
The above-mentioned items are also necessary for households. You can initiate a small business of them by establishing a small production unit in your house to produce such products. You need to consider the following points,
- Learn how to make sunflower, almond, Nut oil by taking an online class or the experts who teach how to make these items.
- Get the required licenses and permits to start your small manufacturing plant.
- The capital to buy the machine with which you start production of mustard oil.
Idea #53. Incensed stick or Agarbatti, Dhupkathi making
Agarbatti or incense stick is a household product that has great market potential. In every house as well as in various religious occasions and social functions the burning of agarbatti or incense sticks is a common practice. You can make incense ticks and start selling. In order to start this business, you need to consider the following points,
- Learn how to make Agarbatti by taking an online class or the experts who teaches how to make perfect candles.
- Choose Right Area In Agarbatti Business because this business has lots of other sub-categories where you can make profits such as raw agarbatti(without scent), Scented Agarbatti, Bamboo sticks[which is produced by China and Vietnam only].
- The machinery you need to produce Agarbattis because it can be produced or manufactured either with the help of machinery or with hands.
Idea #54. Candle making
A candle is made of wax. Many colours are used to prepare colourful candles. There are many molding machines of candles available in the market. In order to start candle making business, you need to consider the following points,
- Learn how to make candles by taking an online class or the experts who teach how to make perfect candles.
- Choose what products you are going to sell, because there are many varieties of candles such as Tapers, Filled Candles, Pillars, Votives, and Snuffer, etc.
- You need to find the place and opportunities to sell your candles as you can sell them offline by setting up a shop or online just make use of Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc where you can register as a seller.
Idea #55. Soap and Detergent powder making
Soaps are made from mixing sodium hydroxide, oils, colourants, and scents. It is a daily required product. Soap making moulds are sold in the market. Raw materials are also easily available. In order to start soap making business, you need to consider the following points,
- Learn how to make soap by taking an online class or the experts who teach how to make perfect soap and detergent.
- Choose what products you are going to sell because there are varieties of soaps such as Coconut, Turmeric, Moisturiser absorbing soap, etc.
- The machinery you need to produce Soap because it can be produced or manufactured either with the help of machinery or with hands.
- Get the Registration & Licenses to start your production unit.
Idea #56. Ice Cream Making
Owing to the hot Indian climate ice cream is a very popular food item in India. The production of ice cream is a profitable business idea in India. You need to know how to make ice cream. You need to get proper training. In order to start your ice cream business, you need to consider the following points,
- What the customer wants is the basic question.
- Affordable ice cream rate if you produce ice cream in comparison to various brands in the industry.
- Set up costs such as buying equipment like Cold stone refrigerator, Raw materials including packaging, Storage cupboards, and utensils, etc.
- Required license to set up your own manufacturing unit on a small scale.
Idea #57. Roller Flour Mill i.e. Atta, Maida, Suji or Sooji Making Business Plan
Wheat Flour i.e. Atta, Maida, Suji or Sooji are all byproduct of wheat. You can buy a grinding machine. You do not need to set up the machine in the market. Instead of setting up the machine in the market, you may set up the grinding machine at your home also. Then pack the produced product in an attractive packet and sell the packets to the shop keepers. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Manage the fund to set up your small manufacturing unit.
- Get the required Business Registration & License.
- Choose a location and set up the plant where transportation facility, electricity, water, semi-skilled manpower, and drainage facility are easily available.
Idea #58. Ginger Garlic Paste making
This is one of the must-have ingredients in the Indian Cuisine system. The business has a vast market opportunity. You need to consider the following points to get started.
- From where you can get funding because it requires a handsome capital of at least Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Get a license from FSSAI and get registered in MSME AadharUdyog to get an easy loan at an affordable interest rate.
- List all the machinery you need to buy to get started.
- Proper business planning i.e. packaging and price in comparison to the peer companies in the market.
Idea #59. Tomato sauce making
India is one of the largest producers of tomato. So, tomato sauce manufacturing is one of the highly profitable businesses if it started with proper planning and presentation. Tomato sauce can be produced manually or with the help of a machine.
- Proper business planning i.e. packaging and price in comparison to the peer companies in the market.
- How you manage the required capital to start your tomato sauce manufacturing unit even on a small scale.
- Required license to set up its own manufacturing unit on a small scale.
Idea #60. Jam and Jelly Business
Starting a jam and jelly making business is one of the highly profitable businesses which require a small investment. Jam and jelly are prepared from various fruits. These products can also be produced by machine or manually. In order to get succeed in this business, you need to consider the following points.
- Proper business planning i.e. packaging and price in comparison to the peer companies in the market.
- The products you offer among various segments of jam and jelly.
- Required license to set up its own manufacturing unit on a small scale.
Idea #61. Aachar or Pickle Business
We all are aware of pickle or aachar and know how to prepare it. There are many kinds of pickles/aachars used in our houses. You do not need any machine to produce pickles/aachars. It can easily be made manually. You need to consider the following points,
- Pickle of which vegetables you are making. The pickle can be made using a machine or by hand.
- Where you are going to start small pickling business i.e. either an in-home kitchen or in commercial space.
- Required license to set up its own manufacturing unit on a small scale.
- Supply of packaging items.
Idea #62. Corn flour Mill Business
You should start a profitable business venture by setting up a corn flour mill because of high demand, Availability of raw materials and easy loans for expansion from banks or other nonbanking financial institutions. In order to set up, you need to consider the following points,
- If you have not worked in a flour mill before now, get the basic training on how to handle the machinery used in the grinding and further production of the raw materials into finished flour.
- Register Your Business as a single ownership company in case you are the only owner of the company and get the necessary licenses and permits.
- If you do not have any space to set up you can lease land to set up the unit.
- List out the machinery you need to buy for production.
Idea #63. Organic Farming
Organic farming simply can be defined as to provide healthy and delicious testing vegetables without using harmful pesticides. You need to consider the following points while starting your organic farming business.
- Set up an organic firm or shop which delivers foods at the homes of the consumers twice in a week.
- Create a catalog that consists of a list of items you produce or showcase of products available in your shop.
- Offer products at an affordable price.
- Get necessary licenses and training from Govt. authorities for organic farming and it is easier to get because the Govt. emphasize it to make a healthy nation.
Idea #64. Dal Mill Manufacturing Unit
Various dals or pulses are cultivated in our country. A seed of pulse remains covered with a skin. This skin or outer cover is removed and then the seed is used for cooking. You can fix a machine of removing the skin of dal. The whole grain is poured into the machine and the skin is separated from the dal. In order to set up a manufacturing unit, you need to consider the following points,
- The capital required for purchasing raw materials, machinery, etc.
- This business required spaces for raw material storage, finished goods storage, machinery operation, and office operation. This business can be done in your home also on a small scale.
- Since dal is a food grain item it requires different types of registration and licensing for production. If you are starting this business as a sole proprietorship, you need a trade license from authorities.
Idea #65. Sattu or Chatu making
Gram flour, or sattu, or chatu no matter what you call it, undoubtedly is the cheapest antidote to diabetes. Sattu is prepared by dry roasting grains or grams, mainly barley or Bengal gram and then they are put into an iron vessel in which the grains or grams are roasted in the sand. Afterward, they are cleaned, roasted and pulverized to a powder or fine flour form which is known as Sattu. In order to start up a small manufacturing plant, you need to consider the following points,
- Prepare a budget for your startup i.e. money required to buy machinery, raw materials, etc.
- To whom you can sell the product i.e. retailer shop or direct consumers.
- Get the necessary permits and licenses to start up your small manufacturing units.
Idea #66. Bio-Diesel making
With the search for renewable sources of fuels that are easily available such as from plants or animals, Bio-diesel production is the lucrative business opportunity. You can set up a small manufacturing unit in such a place where the main raw material Jatropha oil is easily available. The business requires study and thorough research.
Idea #67. Curd or Dahi or Yogurt Making
Owing to the health conciseness people are now consuming Curd or Milk related products i.e. Yogurt. In order to start your business here is the checklist,
- Target Audience i.e. to whom you will sell your product i.e. end-users.
- Business plan to rise like the phoenix i.e. how you tackle the primary competition from existing competitors.
- Get the necessary permits and licenses to start up your small manufacturing units.
Idea #68. Spice Processing and Packaging Business
India is the largest exporter of all the known spices such as coriander, cumin, black peeper, chili, Turmeric, etc. Needless to say due to the economic progression of Indians powdered spices are getting popular because it is convenient to use. This also saves time and energy for preparing different delicious dishes. In order to set up a small manufacturing unit, you need to consider the following points,
- In which product categories i.e. Coriander, cumin, black peeper, chili, Turmeric, etc.you will deal.
- List out what machinery and raw materials are needed to run the business.
- Set up your small manufacturing unit where a sufficient supply of water, electricity, etc. is easily available.
- Since you are in the FMCG category you need to get a license i.e. to trade license from local authority in case of a small unit. But in case of formation of a company you need to register your company as micro, small or medium enterprise to get the UdyogAadhar MSME certificate.
Idea #69. Cashew Processing Business
Undoubtedly India is the world leader of exporting processed cashew nuts. Generally, cashew nuts comprise energy, vitamins, and antioxidants which are vital for protecting health against diseases like cancer. If you reside in an area where cashew is grown then you can do this business. You may start a small manufacturing unit at home if you do not have a large capital. The biggest benefit is it requires low capital investment, less technical knowledge, and does not have stringent regulation to comply to get license and permission.
Idea #70. Making of eco-friendly plate
Irrespective of Picnic or Finger food party or reception, paper plates are one of the basic accessories used for serving food items on a regular basis. The ban of manufacturing and the use of plastic plates opens a big opportunity for the production and selling of eco-friendly paper plates. Various kinds of plates, from tree leave (sal), paper, can be made either manually or by machine. In order to start your venture, you need to consider the following points,
- Set up your manufacturing unit in that place where water, electricity is available.
- If you want to manufacture by machine what is the cost of the machine.
- Get at least 2 skilled laborers to start manufacturing.
- Get the required registration, taxation, required permissions, etc.
Idea #71. Dishwash Bar cleaning liquid Making
In every household, the Dishwash Bar or liquid is used on a regular basis. It is quite helpful to clean dishes, cups, and utensils. The main ingredient to produce the diswash bar is sodium tripolyphosphate and chlorinated trisodium phosphate. In order to succeed you need to consider the following points,
- Write down the machinery, ingredients needed to start to produce dishwash bar or liquid.
- The resources you need besides machinery or ingredients are skilled labourers, accounting, transportation, and marketing, etc.
- Get the required licenses and permits to start your venture.
Idea #72. Pani-Puri or Gol-Gappa making Business
We eat Pani-Puri or Gol-Gappa or Fuchka whatever you call it, in restaurants or shops or small moving shops/thelas. Sometimes we try to prepare Pani-Puri at home. But it is very difficult to make Pani-Puri at home. It is a very time-consuming process and requires patience as well as skill. So, we buy the Pani-Puri from the market. You can prepare Pani-Puri and start selling in the market or give delivery services at various shops, receptions, etc. Pani-Puri is made from atta, suji salt, sugar, etc. The recipe can be found on the internet or recipe books. It is a manual process, so does not require much capital and can easily be started at home.
Idea #73. Fish tank Business Plan
Fish is a food item and we all are aware of its demand. The number of natural water bodies is diminishing day by day. So, the water tanker is being popular now. There is the least chance of theft of fish from a tanker. A tanker can be considered a small pond. Food for fish is sold in the market. The baby fist is also easily available. You need to consider the following points to get started.
- The cost involved, the profit percentage of the fish tank business.
- How to maintain.
- Which way you are going to proceed i.e. between your own shop or via franchise opportunity.
Idea #74. Poultry Farming Business
It is a proven fact that Poultry farming is one of the lucrative businesses to generate a new source of income. Poultry farming can be described as to nurture various types of domestic birds for the purpose of meat, eggs and feather production. But generally, we understand chickens are nurtured in farms for meat. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Choose the business categories among Meat production, Egg production, Egg and meat processing, etc.
- It requires a lot of money which you need to arrange either by self-investment or via loan facility from banks or other financial institutions.
- Manage the workforce. If you have 200-250 birds then you can manage easily. But if you have above 1000 birds then you need skilled manpower.
- Purchase the necessary equipment such as Feeders, Waterers, Nests, Cages, Egg tray, Lighting instruments, waste disposal equipment, etc.
Idea #75. Goat Farming Business
Goat farming can be described as rearing them for the purpose of harvesting milk, meat, and fiber. In order to start, you need to follow the following steps,
- You have to arrange a quite big land with Clean and dry surface to roam around. So, it is quite better to set up your farm in the rural areas where big land is easily available and there is minimum pollution.
- Fencing the area with walls so that they can’t escape because it is a proven fact that they can escape when they find grass or food is visible on the other side of the fence.
- Choose the business categories among Production of milk, meat, hair, etc. from Goat.
Idea #76. Duck Farming
Duck Farming is one of the lucrative business ideas. This business is less expensive. Less space and less care or management are required because they are very hardy birds. And additionally, Ducks lay eggs about 40-50 in comparison to chicken. Ducks do not need any big infrastructure. Only some small sheds are enough. In order to set up your duck farming unit, you need to consider the required space in case you have more than 1,000 ducks.
Idea #77. Honey bee farming
There is a huge demand for honey and it can be extracted from honey bee easily. These make honey bee farming one of the lucrative business ventures. The natural habitat of bees is artificially created in a farm and bees are kept there to produce honey and wax. This farming needs a huge land and a peaceful environment which is easily available in rural areas or villages. In order to start your small manufacturing unit, you need to consider the following points,
- Either get trained or arrange skilled manpower who is an expert in this field.
- Manage the hive in such a way that it can deliver maximum honey. Check the beehive regularly to make sure everything is satisfactory.
- Get the required equipment and necessary permits and licenses.
Idea #78. Naphthalene Balls Making
Any individual can initiate Naphthalene balls making business because the process of making the balls is simple and requires small capital investment. It is a profitable venture as Naphthalene is extensively used as a household preservative of woolen furniture, clothes and as a deodorant tablet for the toilets, urinals, bathrooms, etc. You can start this business at home with a little technical knowledge with the tablet making machine.
Idea #79. Phenyl Making Business
If you are looking for business options that need very small investment then Phenyl making business is ideal for you. Phenyl is used extensively in houses, offices or any other places where you can imagine to kill the germ and to remove bad smell also. In order to start your venture, you need to consider the following points,
- Since this is under the category of FMCG sector you need to comply with the stringent terms to set up your small manufacturing plant.
- The basic ingredients needed to prepare phenyl are pine oil, water, emulsifier, etc.
- Raw materials and machinery required.
Idea #80. Toy Manufacturing Business
Needless to say, that toy is very popular among children. A toy is used to entertain them as well as educational purposes. According to the current estimates, the Indian toy industry shows an immense growth of 15% and have a market cap of 400 million US Dollar. In order to set up your own manufacturing unit, you should take care of the following points,
- First of all, get training from any institution.
- Best quality of toys with affordable pricing.
- Which kind of toys you will start manufacturing.
Idea #81. Hat and Cap Making Business
Hats and caps are one of the popular accessories used for protection against weather conditions such as snowfall or sunshine, ceremonial reasons i.e. university graduation, religious reasons, safety, or as a fashion accessory. This is the No-risk and hassle-free business opportunity. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- First, design the hat and choose colour combination.
- List the items or equipment you need to buy to kick start.
- Offer the best quality with affordable pricing to catch the market.
- Build a marketing policy to reach out to the target audience.
Idea #82. Carpet Making Business
Needless to say that carpet covers a floor that is both functional and decorative. It is used almost everywhere i.e. residential homes, corporate offices, etc. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Choose the best category in accordance with the demand of a specified type of carpet.
- List out what raw materials and machinery to buy to start production.
- Tag a price in comparison to market prices.
Idea #83. Bindi Making Business
Bindi is used by girls or women and widely used for grooming. This is the ideal business to start even at home and requires very low investment. Bindi is a consumer product that is made up of velvet cloth, various stones, colour, adhesive, glue, etc. You can start this business as a sole proprietor or by making a company. You can sell either offline by setting up a store or in e-commerce sites like Amazon, Flip kart, e-Bay, etc.
Idea #84. Blouse Hook making
If you are looking for starting a business with low investment capital then Blouse hook making is one of the most profitable business ideas. Generally, Blouse Hook is one of the essential items which are used extensively in the garment and clothing industry. This is a necessary item to produce women wearing accessories such as blouses, churidars, tops, kameezes, frocks, etc. You can start this business by setting up a small manufacturing unit. After production, you can either sell them to wholesalers of the garment industry or sell them to a retailer who stitches clothes.
Idea #85. Designer Saree Making Business
If you are looking for a business opportunity that will remain safe even in the economic recession then you can start a Saree Making Business. Needless to say, Sarees are commonly used as attire by Indian women. It is a proven fact that saree is an integral part of our lifestyle, culture, and heritage. Saree is not only used in India but also used in Europe also.
In order to get started, you need to consider the following points,
- First of all, take training to make saree.
- Get the required license to get started. You can register your company or venture under MSME UdyogAadhar to get an easy loan in the near future.
- List out the equipment you need to buy to kick start.
- By which segment you will enter among various categories i.e. BaluchuriSaree, Designer Taat Saree, Katha Stitch Saree, etc.
- Set a price for each category because the price range of Saree is varying between Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Proper marketing strategy to reach the target audience. You can sell them online by making use of Amazon, e-Bay, Shopify or contact local shop owners to sell your designer sarees.
Idea #86. Envelope Making Business
If you are looking for a part-time business in the comfort of home you can start envelope making business. This business can be started with low investment. In this internet globe, it is one of the essential items which are extensively used in offices. Apart from the production of the paper envelope, the demand for synthetic envelopes is increasing steadily. You can start various envelopes such as a window envelope, colour envelope, an envelope which contains organization details, etc.
Idea #87. Mattresses and Pillows Making Business
Although there are various brands making mattresses and pillows, right now 70-75 % mattress sector is unorganized. This creates a lot of opportunities to start a profitable business. In order to kick start, you need to consider the following points,
- You need to calculate the startup cost i.e. buying equipment, manufacturing unit, and salary of the skilled labourers you hire.
- Proper marketing plan to reach your target audience.
- Which kind of mattress you will manufacture among various types of mattress and pillows.
Idea #88. Health Drink Making Business
Now a day people are health conscious. They know what products will keep their bodies healthy. You can set up a health drink-making business whose prime target will be that group of people. In order to get success, you need to consider the following points,
- Locate your shop in any busy street, where people will pass by.
- Get a proper license from the local authority as well as FSSAI a government organization.
- Choose a category in which you are going to make a health drink among various fruits such as Orange, Apple, Neem, etc.
Idea #89. Chocolate Making Business
While eating the chocolate are you thinking about starting your own chocolate-making business? If yes, then you can start your profitable venture with a small investment in India, because the demand for chocolate in India is rising rapidly. To get started you need to consider the following points,
- You need to learn the unique recipe of chocolate in the industry.
- You need to research which type of chocolate is in demand in the market.
- Hire skilled labourers for the production of chocolate.
- Good packaging structure along with the name of your company.
- Get registered your company under MSME UdyogAadhar and GST.
Idea #90. Papad Making Business
Papad making business is one of the very profitable business ideas in the food industry and can be started with very low start-up capital. Needless to say that papad is one of the necessary items in homes, any type of reception, marriage parties, etc. and served as an appetizer. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Calculate costs involving the purchase of the machine, raw materials.
- Get the required licenses and permissions from respective authorities.
- Marketing plan to reach the target audience. You can set up a shop to take orders.
Idea #91. Tissue paper Manufacturing Business
Tissue paper manufacturing business is a profitable business because it does not require sound technical knowledge or huge capital investment. You can set up your small tissue paper manufacturing business is a small scale even in your home as a part-time business. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- List out the machines, equipment, raw material you need to manufacture.
- Get registered under UdyogAadhar MSME to get an easy loan at an affordable interest rate.
- Marketing plan such as whether you will set up your shop in a busy locality or sell online via Amazon, Flip Kart, e-Bay, etc.
Idea #92. Stationery Items Manufacturing Business
Despite the internet boom, there will always be a demand for Pencils, color, pen, eraser, sharpener, staplers, rulers, glue, notebook, and compass, etc. These are essential items for students as well as teachers. So, you can start these items manufacturing business which has a great market potential to deliver better returns. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- Which items you will manufacture.
- Choose a location to set up your shop if you want to sell directly to the consumers. If you don’t want to sell them directly then you can contact retailers to sell your products.
- Get registered under the GST and also in UdyogAadhar MSME.
Idea #93. Staple Pin making
Staple pin making process is quite simple which does not require sound technical knowledge and it can be initiated at home on a small scale. It is extensively used in schools, colleges, institution, offices and in houses also. If you want to start on a small scale you can install the machine in your home and start manufacturing. Then you need to pack them and sell them by contacting the shop owners or in the online platforms via Amazon, e-Bay, etc.
Idea #94. Chanachur or Crispy Mixture or Namkeen
Owing to the disposable income of the Indians, the demand of namkeen food items like bhujia, chana-chur, and spicy dal is increasing day by day. This is one of the lucrative business ideas which requires low investment. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- List out the items and equipment i.e. Mixer, Food Processing Equipment, inspection equipment, etc. you need to start even on a small scale.
- Smart packaging to create brand value.
- Proper marketing policy.
- Get required licenses from respective authorities and get registered your business in the GST portal.
Idea #95. Baking Powder Making Business
With a small infrastructure set up, any individual can start baking power making business, because it requires low capital investment. Baking powder can be used in both domestic usage as well as industrial purposes. In order to start, you need to consider the following points,
- You need to set up a covered area for the production of baking powder.
- List out the necessary items and types of equipment you need to produce.
- Get registered under the MSME UdyogAadhar and in the GST portal also.
- Apply for the FSSAI license because you are in the FMCG industry.
Idea #96. Biodegradable Glass/Plate Making Business
Owing to the environmental consciousness and rapidly changing lifestyle, people now prefer biodegradable glass or plate in receptions or any other occasion. Since they are eco-friendly and reduce exposure to foodborne infections, the demand of the paper cup and plates are increasing day by day in food canteens, industrial canteen, restaurants, coffee or tea shop, fast food, supermarkets, etc. In order to kick start, you need to consider the following points,
- List the equipment, raw material need to start production even on a small scale.
- Hire skilled labourers for the production process.
- Contact local restaurants, offices to get orders for a plate, glass.
Idea #97. Organic Cosmetics or Beauty products Making Business
To look beautiful we all prefer using such natural beauty products that have no chemical effect or side effect on the body. Although there are several Indian brands, you can start producing beauty products by setting up a small manufacturing unit. In order to get started, you need to follow the points.
- Choose a niche i.e. category and then start manufacture good-quality products.
- You need to focus on quality and never compromise with quality in spite of producing more and more items with inferior quality.
- You need to prepare a proper marketing plan to attract potential customers.
Idea #98. Beaten or Flattened Rice (Chira or Chura) Manufacturing Business
This is one of the widely used items which are consumed by the people of the Indian subcontinent as breakfast either with milk or as a salted food for breakfast for its nutritional value. In earlier times it was made manually. Now, it is made in machines. You can set up your manufacturing unit on a small scale with a small investment. In order to start, you need to consider,
- You can set up in your home also on a small scale.
- List up the raw materials, equipment you need to manufacture.
- Contact with the wholesaler in the market for selling your product.
- Get the required licenses from FSSAI and register your business.
Idea #99. Jute Bags Manufacturing Business
Owing to environmental consciousness, people are now using biodegradable products. Jute fiber is reusable, strong, durable, light, colorfast, attractive and cheaper than most fabrics made from other fibers. In order to start,
- First, you need to choose in which category you will produce products among various categories such as unlaminated, Laminated, Muslin Lined all of which are biodegradable.
- Set up your small manufacturing unit.
- Contact wholesalers who sell your product to the consumers.
- Get registered in your business.
Idea #100. MLM – Network Marketing
Multi-Level Marketing enables an individual to earn a decent income by selling products and services of any company. Your income will depend on what sales you generate and percentage income from the sales group which you have created. In order to get started in MLM – Network marketing you need to consider the following points,
- For how many years the company’s products and services you are selling have been in business.
- Look out for such products or services which are used continuously to ensure recurring income by repeat sales.
Idea #101. Pathology Clinic
Usually, a patient walks into a doctor’s clinic and the doctor writes some tests to do. If you tie-up with a doctor who recommends your pathology clinic to get tests done then you can generate consistent revenue. To start a pathology clinic, you should have proper knowledge about blood specimen collection, X-ray, CT-Scan, etc.
Idea #102. Idol Making
Idols are required as a showpiece or to decorate the house. They have a vast demand for various festive occasions like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Ganesh Chaturthi, Christmas, and many such other religious occasions. It is one of the creative low-cost business ideas which require skill and creativity. The one main problem is you or anyone needs to gain expertise in making idols.
Idea #103. Real Estate Agent
There is no need to mention the vast business of the real estate. It is a highly profitable business idea to start or open a real estate agency. It is one kind of middle man business. Here the agency or the agent receives a commission in every deal. The agent helps buyers and sellers to get business. The agent helps the buyers to find the right property for purchase or rent. You can earn a hefty commission from every transaction.
As it is a known fact that urbanization is growing rapidly and it is a never-ending tradition. It is a business in main towns and suburban areas. The increase in the population and the need for shelter creates a never-ending demand for real estate advisors. People tend to take advice from real estate agencies for renting or buying accommodation or purchasing it.
But be careful from some fraud offers too.
- Read also: Top 100+ Best Online Business Ideas in India
Let me know if I have missed or overlooked a really awesome business idea. You can make a comment so that I can add your favourite business idea which will help millions of enthusiasts to start a business. If you have found this post helpful feel free to share with your loved ones.