Have you any idea how much money you can earn by making use of affiliate marketing?
There are full of affiliate marketers who earn thousands of dollars each month via affiliate marketing. Bloggers like Harsh Agarwal of ShoutMeLoud, Brian Dean of Backlinko, Neil Patel of Neilpatel makes money more than $50k per month via affiliate marketing.
Now let’s dive into the discussion of how you can make money online via affiliate marketing. In order to make money, you need to consider the following points,
- What is affiliate marketing?
- How affiliate marketing works.
- Why you should start affiliate marketing.
- How to start affiliate marketing.
- Top 10 affiliate marketing programmes you should join.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is nothing but promoting a product or a company or anything through your articles or contents. Suppose, you are writing an article, here you may quote a particular product or company.
Why should you start Affiliate Marketing?
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should start affiliate marketing.
You don’t have to store any inventory – Since you are promoting products of others you need not worry about the quality, maintenance, packaging and support required if any of the product.
Easy to start – If you promote any services or products via your blog, you do not have to bear extra cost apart from buying a domain name and web hosting. If you write useful content where you can promote services or products of others in accordance with your niche you need not pay a penny to join affiliate programmes.
Work from the comfort of home – To be an affiliate marketer you need not possess any technical qualification or experience. To start affiliate marketing you need only one Blog and a laptop with a fast internet connection. You can make money via affiliate marketing from the comfort of your home.
How Affiliate Marketing Works?
Suppose, you are writing an article, about how to make money blogging. There you recommend Bluehost as the web host. Now, if anyone buys the Bluehost by clicking the link embedded, you will get some commissions without any extra cost to the buyer.
In other words, affiliate marketing can be simply defined as you help any company to sell its services or product. You recommend some product or service before the viewers. If any viewer buys something by clicking on ads shown on your blog, then you will get a commission on every sale.
How to start affiliate marketing?
You can make money by affiliate marketing in 8 easy steps.
- Choose a niche according to your interest and passion.
- Create your own blog.
- After creating your own blog visit Ubersuggest.
- Analyse the search traffic of your focus keyword which you are going to write a blog post.
- After analysis of search traffic and difficulty levels in order to rank in Google search results create a blog post.
- Join affiliate programmes in your niche.
- Start promoting the products or services around your blog post.
- If someone buys the products or services by clicking your link then you will earn an affiliate commission.
Here, I have mentioned how to start blogging. It requires a minimum investment and easy to set up a blog. Success in blogging depends on how much time, effort, smart work you put in it to generate handsome affiliate income.
To make money via affiliate marketing there is no hard and fast rule that you must have a blog or website to promote products or services. You can make money via affiliate marketing by making use of Facebook group or pages. Suppose you create a Facebook page or any group in accordance to your niche or interest. When your group or page followers reach 10k then you can promote the product or services via your Facebook page or group.
Top 10 Best Affiliate Programmes to join
You as a professional blogger can make a handsome earning by making use of affiliate programmes which offer a wide range of products and services across various niches. By choosing the best products and services, you can promote your blog and earn money. Here are the top 10 affiliate marketing programmes you should join free of cost if you give dedication, time and effort.
Amazon is not only the world’s largest e-commerce website but also offers an affiliate programme for bloggers across most of the niches. Here are the key features of Amazon Associates.
Reliability – The Amazon associates is one of the renowned and popular e-commerce giants across the globe. It offers a wide variety of product across various categories which are quite beneficial irrespective of niche.
Good Conversion Rate – Amazon’s average conversion rate is quite good. It is 74% among prime members out of 90 millions of Prime members. In the case of non-prime members, the conversion rate is 14% which is considered quite well.
Easy to set up – Any blogger can sign up for the Amazon Affiliate free of cost. In addition, it is quite easy to set up and link to your website or blog.
Cookie Duration – If any website visitor visits Amazon market place and places an order within 24 hours you will make a commission. You will not get any commission if he makes a purchase after 24 hours of visit.
Earning – The commission rates are pathetically low between 2.5% and 10%. For the most popular niche such as a mobile phone, they offer the lowest 2.5% affiliate commission. This means you will find it difficult to make money if you have only a few thousand visitors in a month.
Unlike Amazon Associates who pays any marketer for qualifying sales, ShareASale offers an affiliate marketer to make money based on the conversion of leads such as completion of a sign-up form or sign-up for a trial, etc. apart from qualifying sales. Here are the key features of ShareASale.
- Unlike Amazon affiliate who offers maximum 10% commission on the qualifying sale, this is the lowest commission of ShareASale. Any affiliate can earn up to 40% commission on qualifying sales.
- You will get paid for lead generation apart from qualifying sales i.e. pay per sales.
- You can join ShareASale free of cost and payment is credited in your bank account at the 20th of each month. The minimum payment threshold limit is $50 unlike $100 for Bluehost.
- You need to get approval from each merchant which is quite time-consuming.
Any individual can earn double commission on qualifying sales for the first three months. It makes it different from the other affiliate networks. eBay has millions of active buyers which make it attractive before affiliate marketers. Here are the key features of the eBay Partner Network.
- Where other affiliate programs offer a percentage of the products sale price, eBay offers an affiliate commission on the basis of the transaction fee. It means you can make a higher commission on expensive products.
- Double commission for the first three months on qualifying sales.
- You have a wide variety of products that you can promote in your blog. In short, there is a really awesome product for every niche.
- You will get paid once you have reached a threshold limit of $10.
- 10-day cookie duration.
Irrespective of the niche if you have worked in the affiliate marketing you probably come across CJ Affiliate i.e. formerly Commission Junction. Here are the key features of the CJ Affiliate.
- Multiple Ad sizes for the affiliates to place the banner ad on your blog.
- Since there are more than 3 thousand advertisers you can compare the commission rate and act accordingly on approval.
- CJ affiliate offers a net-20 payment term which implies you are paid out in a timely manner each month.
JV Zoo is quite famous since there is no upfront cost for either the publishers or advertisers. Its primary source of income is exclusively from the charging fees on qualifying sales from both the publishers and advertisers. JV Zoo is quite famous in the niche of digital products, online courses and tools etc. Here are the key features of the JV Zoo.
- Pays commissions instantly via PayPal in comparison to companies which make the payment on sales once in a week/month etc. But in order to get instant payment in your PayPal account, you have to sell 50 products or more.
- The commission rates vary between 20% and 50%, and sometimes some merchants offer 100% on qualifying sales.
- JV Zoo allows a marketer to create landing pages on their own website and offers a host. In other words, you don’t need any website to promote.
To promote and earn affiliate commission you must have a website or blog. VigLink works as the middleman between a blogger and merchants. This will scan the content of any particular blog post and automatically generate links. VigLink is unique if you are a serious blogger who creates the best blog posts instead of managing the affiliate links. Here are the key features of VigLink.
- Generates links in accordance with the content of any blog post.
- Need not join various affiliate programmes, because it creates links across various products and services on the basis of your content. But you need to get approval from each merchant separately.
- Makes payment once in a month.
- It will take a commission from your affiliate income/commission.
This is the oldest affiliate network, but it is a smaller affiliate network in comparison to Amazon affiliate network. Rakuten offers to the marketers an Ad rotation i.e. to rotate through the various banners automatically for a product to boost their sales funnel. This makes a unique in comparison with other affiliate networks which offer marketers to select the ad that the blogger wants to run in his blog. Here are the key features of the Rakuten.
- You can get payment among 25 global currencies. You will get paid either via cheque or direct account transfer.
- Rakuten makes payment when the merchants make the payment.
- Rakuten has tied up with some well-known brands including APPLE, TurboTax etc.
Click Bank has a whooping of 200 million customers and offers digital products i.e. e-books, online courses, marketing tools created by entrepreneurs across all over the world. The affiliate marketers promote the product via their blog and make payment. Here are the key features of Click Bank.
- Prime focus on digital products or services in comparison to physical products.
- Click Bank offers commission rate up to 75%.
- 60-day cookie period.
- Makes weekly payment with payment options like PayPal, check, direct account transfer, wire transfer or Payoneer. Marketers will get Initial payments via cheque. After you generate a minimum number of sales, the commission amount is credited via Wire Transfer or PayPal.
- Refunds policy within 60 days boost conversion rate but eats the larger portion of affiliate income.
Apart from looking like an earlier era, Warrior Plus is quite handy for the bloggers who want to make money. Warrior plus offers various services and courses to promote in the internet marketing niche. It enables instant payment via PayPal. Here are the key features of Warrior Plus.
- Easy to use and instant approval process.
- A large number of digit products or services you can promote via your blog.
- Average commission rate and high commission for some specific digital products. Apart from that, you need to get approval from each merchant for promoting the products.
- You need to make at least five sales before getting your first payment.
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting companies in the world. It is an official WordPress recommended hosting provider which was established in 1996. Bluehost offers a wide variety of hosting plans for beginners to enlarge business with 24 × 7 customer support by various hosting plans namely shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting. Let’s have a clear and detail view of these plans.
- Shared hosting – This hosting plan is like living in an apartment with many families. It is just a flat culture.
- Cloud hosting – It is like the 4 steroid apartments. Each apartment is allotted to individual persons.
- Dedicated server hosting – It is like the bungalow. It is allotted to a single person only.
Here are the key features of the Bluehost,
Fast page loading and fantastic uptimes
A general view of the best web host is its ability to continue a website or blogs fast and the ability to continue to perform. Bluehost is quite successful to do both. Usually, page load time is a crucial matter for your blog. Google experienced a 20% drop in traffic a few years back just because of a half second delay. Usually, 3 seconds of load time is normal for any blog. If your blog fails to do so then you need not worry as your traffic as well as our revenue may show downward drastically. With Bluehost, you need not worry about that. I have experienced no critical issue over the page speed since the establishment of my blog.
Officially WordPress integration
Besides Siteground and Dreamhost, Bluehost has been one of the best official web hosting partners for wordpress.org. Since 2005, if you are a WordPress blogger Bluehost offers a special hosting server which is optimized for WordPress. Bluehost offers several free floggings and various themes for your blog for free of cost.
Plenty of apps and e-commerce plugin support
If you are a Bluehost user then Bluehost offers your dashboard plenty of apps and plug-in for free. If you set up your e-commerce site then you can install woo commerce plug-in and make money by selling online products from your blog or website free of cost using this plug-in.
24 × 7 Customer and technical support
Bluehost offers its customers convenient customer service with its wide service centres. Whenever you face any difficulty regarding any technical service you can call live phone to the customer care. They are ready to help you with 24 × 7. If you face any troubleshooting issues then they can get help instantly to fix errors.
- Read also: Top 10 ways to Earn Money Online in India
Hope this article will help you to earn money from affiliate marketing. If you have any question regarding affiliate marketing feel free to comment so that we can have a discussion. If you have found this post helpful feel free to share with your loved ones.